This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of the choices you can make about the way we collect and use information about you, including information that may be collected from your online activity, use of devices, and information provided to Agios Nicolaos for purposes of recruitment consideration.
Our Privacy Principles
We have an accountability-based program and are committed to the following principles, which are based on internationally-recognized frameworks and principles of privacy and data protection:
Lawfulness, fairness & transparency
We process personal data in accordance with law and with transparency and fairness to you. Our data processing activities are conducted:
- with your consent;
- in order to fulfil our obligations to you;
- for the legitimate purposes of operating our business, advancing innovation and providing a seamless customer experience; or
- otherwise in accordance with law.
Notice & choice of data use
We are transparent and provide clear notice and choice to you about the types of personal data collected and the purposes for which it is collected and processed. We will not use personal data for purposes that are incompatible with these Principles, our Privacy Statement or specific notices associated with our services.
We provide you with reasonable access along with the ability to review, correct, amend or delete the personal data you have shared with us.
Data integrity & purpose limitation
We only use personal data for the purposes described at the time of collection or for additional compatible purposes in accordance with law. We take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data is accurate, complete and current.
To protect personal data against unauthorized use or disclosure we implement strong information security controls in our own operations and offer market-leading products and solutions with high levels of data security protection.
Accountability for onward transfer
We acknowledge our potential liability for transfers of personal data among our entities or to third parties. Personal data will only be shared when third parties are obligated by contract to provide equivalent levels of protection.
Recourse, oversight & enforcement
We are committed to resolving any concerns regarding your personal data.
How We Use Data
We collect and use personal data to manage your relationship with our organization and better serve you by personalizing your experience and interaction with us. Examples of how we may use your data include:
Providing you with a seamless customer experience by maintaining accurate contact and registration data, delivering comprehensive customer support, offering products, services and features that may interest you and enabling you to participate in contests and surveys. We also use your data to deliver a tailored experience, personalize our services and communications you receive and create recommendations based your use of our services.
Assisting you in completing transactions and orders of our products or services, administering your account, processing payments, arranging shipments and deliveries and facilitating repairs and returns.
Product support & improvement
Improving the performance and operation of our products, solutions, services and support, including warranty support and timely firmware and software updates and alerts to ensure the continued operation of our service.
Communicating with you about our services. Examples of administrative communications may include responses to your inquiries or requests, service completion or warranty-related communications, safety recall notifications, or applicable corporate updates related to mergers, acquisitions or divestitures.
Maintaining the integrity and security of our websites, products, features and services and preventing and detecting security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activity that might compromise your information. When you interact with us, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, before granting access to your personal data.
Conducting ordinary business operations, including recruiting, verifying your identity, conducting business research and analytics, corporate reporting and management, staff training and quality assurance purposes (which may include monitoring or recording calls to our customer support) and outreach.
Research & innovation
Innovating new products, features and services using research and development tools and incorporating data analysis activities.
Providing personalized promotional offers (in accordance with your Privacy Preferences) on our services and other selected partner websites (for example, you might see an advertisement for a product on a partner site that you have recently viewed on an our website). This may involve the use of Automatic Data Collection Tools. We might also share some of your information with marketing service providers and digital marketing networks to present advertisements that might interest you.
Compliance with law
Compliance with applicable laws, regulations, court orders, government and law enforcement requests, to operate our services and products properly and to protect ourselves, our users and our customers and to solve any customer disputes.
What Data We Collect
Personal data is any information that personally identifies you or from which you could be identified either directly or indirectly. We may collect your personal data through your use of our Organization’s services or during conversations or correspondence with our representatives.
The personal data we collect from you depends on the nature of your interaction with us or on the services you use in our website, but may include the following:
Information you provide directly
- Contact Data – We may collect personal and/or business contact data including your first name, last name, mailing address, telephone number, fax number, email address and other similar contact information.
- Payment Data – We collect data necessary for processing payments and fraud prevention, security code numbers and other related billing information.
- Account Data – We collect information such as how you purchased or signed up in our website, your transaction, billing and support history and anything else relating to the account you create.
- Location Data – We may collect geolocation data when you enable location-based services or when you choose to provide location-related information during product registration.
- Security Credentials Data– We collect user IDs, passwords, password hints, and similar security information required for authentication and access to website account.
- Demographic Data – We may collect, or obtain from third parties, certain demographic data including country, gender, age, preferred language, general educational and employment background, and general job interest data.
- Preferences – We collect information about your preferences and interests as they relate to our products, services (both when you tell us what they are or when we deduce them from what we know about you) and how you prefer to receive communications from us.
- Social Media Data – We may provide social media features that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with us on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites you use to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
- Other Unique Identifying Information – Examples of other unique information that we may collect from you include product serial numbers, information you provide when you interact in-person, online or by phone or mail with our services centers, help desks or other customer support channels, your responses to customer surveys or contests or additional information you have provided to us to facilitate delivery of our services and to respond to your inquiries.
You are not required to share the personal data that we request, however, if you choose not to share the information, in some cases we will not be able to provide you some of our website services, certain specialized features or be able to effectively respond to any queries you may have.
Information automatically collected about your use of our services
- Device Data – We collect information about your computer, printer and/or device such as operating system, amount of memory, region, language, time zone, model number, first start date, age of device, device manufacture date, browser version, computer manufacturer, connection port, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers and additional technical information that varies by product.
- Application Data – We collect information related to our applications such as location, language, software versions, data sharing choices and update details.
- Website Browsing Data – We collect information about your visits to and your activity on our website or applications including the content (and any ads) that you view and interact with, the address of the website from which you arrived and other clickstream behaviour (such as the pages you view, the links you click or which items you’ve added to your shopping basket).
- Anonymous or Aggregated Data – We may collect anonymous answers to surveys or anonymous and aggregated information about how our services are used. In the course of our operations we might also apply a process of de-identification or pseudonymisation to your data to make it reasonably unlikely to identify you through the use of that data with available technology.
Information from third-party sources
We may also acquire data from third-party sources that we deem to be credible and that are either publicly-available or available on a commercial basis. Such information may include personal data such as your name, address, email address, preferences, interests, and certain demographic data. For example, personal data may be collected when you access our applications through social media logins (e.g., logging in to our applications using your Facebook or other social media credentials). The basic details we receive may depend on your social network account privacy settings.
We may also use information provided by you or your employer, together with information from publicly-available and other online and offline sources, to conduct due diligence checks on business contacts as part of our anti-corruption compliance program.
We also receive non-personal data, such as aggregated or de-identified demographic/profile data, from third-party sources such as companies that specialize in providing enterprise data, analytics and software as a service.
In order to ensure data accuracy and offer a superior customer experience by providing you with better personalized services, content, marketing and ads, we may link or combine the information that we collect from the different sources. Information may also be linked via a unique identifier such as a cookie or account number.
Our Organization does not knowingly collect information from children as defined by local law, and does not target its websites or mobile applications to children.
How We Keep Your Data Secure
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure and to ensure the appropriate use of your information, we utilize reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect and process. We retain data as required or permitted by law and while the data continues to have a legitimate business purpose.
When collecting, transferring or storing sensitive information such as financial information we use a variety of additional security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. When we transmit highly-confidential information (such as password) over the internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as later versions of the Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) protocol.
As part of real-time payment processing, we also subscribe to fraud management services. This service provides us with an extra level of security to guard against credit card fraud and to protect your financial data.
How We Share Data
We will only share your personal data as follows:
Sharing with our Organization
By accessing our website, registering a product or for service, creating an account, or otherwise providing us with your personal data, you consent to the transfer of your personal data throughout the global network of entities on the basis of the General Data Protection Regulation program.
Sharing with service providers
We retain service providers to manage or support certain aspects of our business operations on our behalf. These service providers may provide services such as credit card processing and fraud management services, customer support, order fulfilment, product delivery, content personalization, advertising and marketing activities (including digital and personalized advertising), IT services, email service providers, data hosting, live-help, debt collection and management or support of our website. Our service providers are required by contract to safeguard any personal data they receive from us and are prohibited from using the personal data for any purpose other than to perform the services as instructed by our Organization. We also take steps to provide adequate protection for any transfers of your personal data in accordance with applicable law.
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses. In such transactions, we may disclose or transfer your personal data to prospective or actual purchasers or receive personal data from sellers. Our practice is to seek appropriate protection for your personal data in these types of transactions.
Compliance with law
We may also share your personal data when we believe, in good faith that we have an obligation to:
- respond to duly authorized information requests of law enforcement agencies, regulators, courts and other public authorities, including to meet national security or other law enforcement requirements;
- comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, or court order;
- investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activity;
- enforce/protect the rights and properties of our Organization or its subsidiaries; or
- protect the rights or personal safety of our Organization, our representatives, and third parties on or using our property when allowed and in line with the requirements of applicable law.
Sharing with other third parties
We may also share your personal data with:
- credit reference and fraud prevention agencies;
- debt collection agencies (for outstanding debts with us);
- insurance providers if you have purchased an insurance policy through us; or
Choosing Your Privacy Preferences
You have the option of subscribing to communications from us related to specific services. You can also choose to receive general communications and you can select how those communications are delivered – e.g., via postal mail, email, telephone, fax, mobile device or online.
You can make or change your choices about receiving either subscription or general communications at the data collection point or by using other methods, which are described in the following sections. These options do not apply to communications primarily for the purpose of administering order completion, contracts, support, product safety warnings, or other administrative and transactional notices where the primary purpose of these communications is not promotional in nature.
Subscription communications include email newsletters, etc. that may be expressly requested by you or which you consented to receive. After you request such communications, you may opt out of receiving them by using one of the following methods:
- Select the email’s “Unsubscribe” link, or follow the instructions included in each email subscription communication.
- Return to the website(s) where you originally registered your preferences and follow the instructions to opt out.
- Contact us. Be sure to provide your name, contact information, and specific relevant information about the subscriptions or marketing that you no longer wish to receive.
Our general communications provide information about products, services, and/or support. This may include new product or services information, special offers, personalized content, targeted advertising or invitations to participate in market research or compliance reviews.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device, or more technically, to the browser that you use on that device, when you visit a site. The entity that places cookies on your browser can then read the information on that cookie that it set. Cookies are typically classified as either “session cookies” which do not stay on your device after you close your browser or “persistent cookies” which will usually remain on your device until you delete them or they expire.
Different cookies are used to perform different functions which we explain below:
The data collected will generally be aggregated to provide trends and usage patterns for business analysis, site/platform improvement and performance metrics. Our cookies or the resulting analysis may be also shared with our business partners. The type of information we collect includes how many visitors visit our websites, how many customers log in, when they visited, for how long and which areas of our websites and services but is generally not used to identify you individually. We may also receive similar information about visitors to our partner websites.
Third party advertising cookies and social media cookies
We do allow advertisers and other third parties (such as select retail partners) to place cookies on our websites to allow them to show you advertisements both on and off our website that are more relevant and useful to you. We may use remarketing tags (e.g., Google) to allow our retail partners to advertise products which you have browsed on our site. However, we do not share any information with these advertisers and third parties that will directly identify you. These advertisers and other third parties (including the ad networks, ad-serving companies, and other service providers they may use) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized ad or content are part of the group that the ad or content is directed towards.
Sharing other information with advertisers
We may also transfer information about you to ad technology providers so that they may recognize your devices and deliver interest based content and advertisements to you. The information may include your name, postal address, email, device ID, or other identifier in encrypted form. The providers may process the information in hashed or de-identified form. These providers may collect additional information from you, such as your IP address and information about your browser or operating system; may combine information about you with information from other companies in data sharing cooperatives in which we participate; and may place or recognize their own unique cookie on your browser. These cookies may contain demographic or other data in de-identified form.
Cookies may also be used when you share information using a social media sharing button on the websites. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities. The types of cookies used by these third parties and how they use the information generated by them will be governed by those companies’ privacy policies.
Your Choices Regarding Automatic Data Collection & Online Tracking
Note that by disabling certain categories of cookies, you may be prevented from accessing some features of our site or certain content or functionality may not be available.
Some newer web browsers incorporate “Do Not Track” features. Currently, no industry standard exists for handling “Do Not Track” requests, therefore at this time, our websites may not respond to “Do Not Track” requests or headers from these browsers.
Exercising Your Rights & Contacting Us
You have the right to access any personal data that you have provided to us or that we maintain about you. In addition, you have the right to withdraw any consent previously granted or to request correction, amendment, restriction, anonymization or deletion of your personal data and to request an explanation about the processing. In certain cases, your request may be denied on the basis of a legitimate exception such as where making information available would reveal personal data about another person or where we are legally prevented from disclosing such information.
We value your feedback. If you have any questions or concerns about our Privacy Statement, our collection and use of your data or a possible breach of local privacy laws, you can contact us via email or write to us at the appropriate address. You can find our Contact Details in Contact Us Section in our website.
All communications will be treated confidentially. Upon receipt of your communication, our representative will contact you within a reasonable time to respond to your questions or concerns. We aim to ensure that your concerns are resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
If we are unable to resolve your concerns, you have the right to contact your local data privacy supervisory authority or seek a remedy through the courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
If we modify our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised statement here, with an updated revision date. If we make significant changes to our Privacy Statement that materially alter our privacy practices, we may also notify you by other means, such as sending an email.
This Privacy Statement was last updated in May 2018.